About the author:
Herman Raucher is the protagonist in this coming-of-age story between a young man and his first brush with adulthood. It takes more than sex to become an adult.
Reading Level/Interest Age—
- Library Selection Policy
- Rationale explaining why the item was chosen for the collection
- Active listening skills
- Reconsideration form (as a last resort)
- National Council of Teachers of English “Right to Read”
- Positive and negative reviews: expert, parent, student
- ALA Strategies and Tips for Dealing with Challenges to Library Materials
- ALA Bill of Rights on Intellectual Freedom
- Books and other library resources should be provided for the interest, information, and enlightenment of all people of the community the library serves. Materials should not be excluded because of the origin, background, or views of those contributing to their creation.
- Libraries should provide materials and information presenting all points of view on current and historical issues. Materials should not be proscribed or removed because of partisan or doctrinal disapproval.
Why did you pick this for your collection?