Title: Teen Beach Movie
Non-book identifiers: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, 2013
Lyrics, Voice, Mix:
This soundtrack is based on the movie of two teen sweathearts who fall into a 1960s beach movie. Teen Beach Movie Soundtrack is a pleasant, harmonizing mix of smooth harmonies and upbeat lyrics.
This is a feel-good soundtrack, and the actors of the movie sing their own songs. Ross Lynch and Maia Mitchell have smooth, upbeat voices. Tracks include Oxygen and Surf Crazy, two sweet and melodious songs. The other tracks are sung by the other actors: Grace Phipps, Garrett Clayton, and John DeLuca.
The tone is atmospheric, it’s a carefree beach environment. The music’s characteristics are crisp and energetic. This is the perfect music to have on in the background at a summer party.
The song “Falling for YA” is reminiscent of the B-52s. The tracks Oxygen and Surf Crazy are sun with smooth and bright vocals. Overall, this is a pleasant soundtrack.
What it’s about: Soundtrack to Teen Beach Movie
Ideas for talking about other materials to YA audiences: If you could travel back in time into a movie, what would it be and why?
Curriculum: history- 1960s
Interest Level: 12+
Listener’s Annotation: Go back to the beach, and Cowagunga to another time!
- Library Selection Policy
- Rationale explaining why the item was chosen for the collection
- Active listening skills
- Reconsideration form (as a last resort)
- National Council of Teachers of English “Right to Read”
- Positive and negative reviews: expert, parent, student
- ALA Strategies and Tips for Dealing with Challenges to Library Materials
- ALA Bill of Rights on Intellectual Freedom
- Books and other library resources should be provided for the interest, information, and enlightenment of all people of the community the library serves. Materials should not be excluded because of the origin, background, or views of those contributing to their creation.
- Libraries should provide materials and information presenting all points of view on current and historical issues. Materials should not be proscribed or removed because of partisan or doctrinal disapproval.
Why did you pick this for your collection?
- Pleasant soundtrack with great reviews from respected sources.