Title: Testing & Education Reference Center
Gale’s Testing and Education Reference Center Database is an excellent source for teens searching for education and employment opportunities. There is a large selection of practice college prep tests, including the PSAT, SAT, and Advanced Placement (AP) exams. There is also a supply of online testing and vocational books to read.
Practice tests also include the GED, ASVAB, US Citizenship, and TOEFL, among many others.
Career tests are varied. Some are air traffic controller, cosmetology, law enforcement, and real estate.
There are scholarship search tools, resume templates, and expert advice available through the database. This database is well-organized and easy to maneuver.
Curriculum Ties: test preparation
Reading Level/Interest Age: 14+
Challenge Issues: n/a
- Library Selection Policy
- Rationale explaining why the item was chosen for the collection
- Active listening skills
- Reconsideration form (as a last resort)
- National Council of Teachers of English “Right to Read”
- Positive and negative reviews: expert, parent, student
- ALA Strategies and Tips for Dealing with Challenges to Library Materials
- ALA Bill of Rights on Intellectual Freedom
- Books and other library resources should be provided for the interest, information, and enlightenment of all people of the community the library serves. Materials should not be excluded because of the origin, background, or views of those contributing to their creation.
- Libraries should provide materials and information presenting all points of view on current and historical issues. Materials should not be proscribed or removed because of partisan or doctrinal disapproval.
Why did you pick this for your collection?
This database has a wealth of information for college exams, vocational careers, and assistance with job searching skills.